Friday, September 20, 2013

T.G.I.F! It's a Ladies Weekend!



Thank goodness it's Friday! I've been patiently waiting all week for this day to come.

My dad left Wednesday night to go on his 28th annual fishing trip in Pentwater, Michigan, and my mom has today off.

It's a ladies weekend in our household!

I'm starting it off bright and early, too. I just couldn't lay in bed anymore - especially with our new puppy whining about breakfast.

My mom and I plan on finishing our upstairs bathroom (it needs a fresh coat of paint), decorating the house with fall decor, and - my favorite - having cosmos and martinis with our neighbor and friends across the street.

It only seems appropriate to post TWO of my favorite appetizers to share - I forgot a favorite recipe yesterday.

The first is a layered BLT Dip.

I tasted it at a family gathering when my Aunt Diane brought it. I swear everyone finished this dish before starting on the others - it's a guaranteed hit!

Ingredients:
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 c. Mayonnaise
1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 c. Lettuce, torn
8 Bacon Slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
4 Plum (or Roma) Tomatoes, chopped
4 Green Onions, chopped
1 1/2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Spread onto a serving plate or dish. Top with lettuce, cooked bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese. Chill until serving. Serve with cooked pita chips, crisp breadsticks or Italian bread slices.

The second appetizer is a Buffalo Chicken Dip that will bring you to your knees.

Ingredients:
10 oz. Chicken, cooked and diced
(2) 8 oz. Cream Cheese packages, softened
1 c. Ranch Dressing
3/4 c. Pepper Sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
1 1/2 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Bunch Celery, cut into 4 inch pieces
1 Box Chicken-Flavored Crackers, such as Chicken in a Biscuit

Directions:
Heat chicken and pepper sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cooking, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese and transfer to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover and cook on a low setting until hot a bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

Try out both appetizers! I guarantee they will be a hit of the party and people will be begging for the recipes!


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment