Saturday, September 14, 2013

What My Mother Taught Me & Chicken Devon

Today, it seems like families are too busy to sit down at the dinner table and enjoy each other's company - and many have made the saying, "I don't feel like cooking tonight," a norm.  It's easy to grab a hamburger from McDonalds and call it good - but if there's one thing my mother taught me, it's to take the time to make a home cooked meal.

Don't get me wrong - there are some nights where that's just not possible. Trust me, my family has them often. But when you can make that delicious chicken casserole, which brings the family around the table - DO IT!

For my first blog, I've decided to share a favorite family recipe made by my Aunt Leona - Chicken Devon.

If you enjoy warm, cheesy, chicken-y casseroles this one's for you!

Chicken Devon
Ingredients:
1 pkg. Chicken (4-6 breasts)
1 bunch broccoli (or 2 frozen pkgs.)
1 c. Mayonaise
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
8 oz. Colby Cheese (shredded)
Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix (or crumbled croutons)

Directions:
Cook chicken till tender. Break into bite size pieces. Partially cook broccoli. Place broccoli in bottom of rectangular baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top of broccoli. Combine mayo, soup and juice. Spread on top of chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle cheese and stuffing over top of casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. Yields 5-6 servings.

Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great recipe. I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! I want to try making this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too true! Dinner around the table together is a great way to take a pause from the busy workday and fill each other in on whats going on! Thanks for sharing the recipe, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete